October 02, 2013

The Grounds Alexandria


A couple days ago a group of some of my closest mates decided to commit to a beach day. You would think living in Australia that I'd be at the beach like every day but sadly my busy schedule doesn't allow it. I'm trying to take as much advantage of that hour drive to the beach as much as possible in these last couple months knowing that I'll be almost a 7 hour drive away from one back in Atlanta. Before we made our way to the beach we decided to stop by the most adorable little place in Alexandria called The Grounds. It's got some of the best rose lemonade you've ever put to your mouth and (besides the -7 places to park) it was such a cool environment. Chickens, goats and even a pig by the name of Kevin Bacon (not pictured) reside in the tiny little community. My favorite part of The Grounds was obviously the style of the place. Each section was unique and rustic. Chairs, tables, mugs, every detail was thought out and it had a very organic style to it. We loved it and recommend giving their place a shot when visiting Sydney!!

Ah yes! And make sure you grab a $5 loaf of their sourdough bread. It's to DIE for!

No comments:

Post a Comment