August 25, 2013

Home Adoration Pt.3


Lately (being that the countdown has officially begun to heading home) I've been getting serious on the scavenge for making my home in America a home. This is my 3rd home adoration post and there are obvious changes in my style as far as colors go but most things have stayed consistent. Things such as my love for neutral colors with pops of blues or reds, greenery ALL OVER THE HOUSE, vintage rugs to accent my love for dark hardwood floors and a lot of white space. There's nothing that I love more than a clean feeling in my home. Now, you can do white space right or completely wrong. The wrong way to do it would be below...

Now no doubt this house has style and character, but to me it puts off mental institution vibes. Too much white or not enough accent colors can make a room feel like a museum. Now my idea of white space is more like this...


A lot of white but the perfect amount of colors to balance it. The best part about this kinda white room is you can literally change the colors so easily. The rug and the chair can easily be replaced or repainted to give off a totally different look. I also love the mixtures of metal and wood. The rug gives this room a homey vibe. Like I could totally see myself cuddling up on that rug with a milkshake, my kitten (Princess Tiger Lily) and online shop for DAYS. 

As the scavenge for home decor, furniture and all that jazz continues, I'd love some tips on decorating a home. If you have a similar style as me, shoot me a link, photo, DIY or anything that you think I'd love. To follow my progress and to check out more of what homes inspire me, follow my "Cozy Abode" board on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment