Yummy!!!! This is my first recipe post and I'm so excited to share it with you. It was so easy to make and for all you new cookers out there (like myself) it's something you seriously CAN'T mess up! So give it a go and let me know how you loved it!
Confetti Chicken Pasta
Prep time: 10
Cooking time: 30
Serves: 4 people
- - 16 oz. of whole wheat penne pasta in salt water
- - 2 tbsp. olive oil
- - 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1” cubes
- - ¼ tsp. salt
- - ¼ tsp. pepper
- - ½ onion, diced
- - ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- - 1 yellow bell pepper, long thin slices
- - 1 cup of broccoli florets
- - 1 cup of Asparagus, chopped in 1” pieces
- - 1 cup of grape tomatoes
1. Cook your pasta and let it drain. Add a little bit of olive oil to the pasta while cooking
2. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook chicken until done and golden on all sides.
4. Remove and let rest in a large bowl.
5. Add remaining olive oil and begin sautéing the onions for 2 minutes.
6. Add in the garlic powder and bell pepper and sauté another 2 minutes.
7. Then toss in broccoli and asparagus saving the tomatoes until the very end.
8. When everything is cooked, combine the veggies with the chicken in your big bowl.
Spicy Cream Sauce:
- - 2 tbsp. butter
- - 2 tbsp. flour
- - 2 cups half and half
- - ¼ tsp. of red pepper flakes
- - 1 cup of fetta cheese or parmesan
1. In the same pan you cooked the chicken and veggies in, melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Toss in the flour and stir, cooking for 1-2 minutes.
3. Slowly add in the half and half while stirring to prevent any clumps from forming.
4. Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes and allow simmering until you see boiling action. Stir periodically.
5. When your sauce begins to thicken and bubble, turn off the heat and add in your cheese.
6. Stir until melty.
7. Add pasta first so it gets nice and coated with sauce and then pour the rest of the goodies in.